Partner Steve Swift has devoted his career to providing aggressive state and federal criminal defense representation to clients facing misdemeanor or felony charges. He is admitted to practice law in Iowa state court as well as the Northern and Southern Federal District Courts of Iowa, 8th Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Swift works to protect your future from the harm a criminal charge or conviction can carry.
Areas of Practice
- Iowa, 1975
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D.
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- Criminal Justice Act ("CJA") Panel Representative, 2008 - present
- Defender Services Advisory Group ("DSAG"), Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Alumni, Dean Mason Ladd American Inns of Court
- Linn County Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Associations
- Assistant Linn County Attorney, 1979 - 1984