We Solve Problems & Protect Your Interests.

Have You Been Hurt In A Car Or Truck Accident?

Serious motor vehicle accident injuries frequently result in expensive medical bills and continuing health care costs. You may have to take time off of work for an unspecified amount of time, and depending on the nature of your accident, you could also be facing a lifetime of painful physical and emotional circumstances. How do you pay your bills if you cannot get back to work right away? Who will help you pay for the price of not only fixing your car but also your medical care?

In Iowa, if someone else’s negligence in handling a motor vehicle causes your injuries, you may have a right to file a claim for damages such as:

  • Motor vehicle repairs
  • Lost wages
  • Past and future medical expenses
  • Pain and suffering

After you report the accident – if you are able – to the police, speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer at Klinger, Robinson & Ford, LLP, as soon as possible. We help our clients understand the full scope of their rights in these circumstances. We will help you gather the information you need such as the car or truck accident report and your medical records and speak with insurance representatives on your behalf.

Many personal injury claims will be resolved during a settlement conference, but if you attempt to negotiate on your own, you may miss the full scope of the benefits you have a right to pursue.

Were You Partially At Fault For The Accident And Your Injuries?

Accidents happen in a split second and it can be difficult to determine who actually is responsible to pay for the costs of your injuries. In Iowa, proving negligence is a complicated process. The state’s contributory negligence laws mean even if you are partially at fault for causing the accident resulting in your injuries, you may still be able to seek damages from other negligent parties. The court will reduce the financial compensation you would receive based on the proportion of your contribution to the accident. Speak to an attorney at Klinger, Robinson & Ford, LLP, right away for injuries resulting from:

  • Motor vehicle collisions
  • Motorcycle crashes
  • Commercial truck wrecks
  • Tractor accidents
  • Pedestrian hit and runs
  • Dog bites
  • Bad lighting in parking lots
  • Sidewalk cracks
  • Oil or liquid spills
  • Dangerous landscaping products
  • Faulty electrical wiring
  • Poorly maintained stairs

Proving negligence involves an intricate process best left to an experienced lawyer.

Get Legal Help When You Have Serious Accident Injuries

Call Klinger, Robinson & Ford, LLP, in Cedar Rapids at 319-395-7400 or send an email to schedule a meeting to speak with a local personal injury attorney who understands the unique legal needs and types of accidents our community may encounter.